If you like crab… this is the dip for you. It is one of the best “seafood” dips I’ve ever had! It’s perfect for any party and will be the recipe that everyone asks for through email for weeks after. The best part about this Maryland crab dip, is the fact that it is super easy to make! It comes to us from our friend Kathryn at No Spoons Here. Visit her site for more great recipes and videos. To make the Maryland crab dip yo will need the following:
1 lb Maryland Crab Meat
Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Old Bay Seasoning
- Mix together chunky ingredients first: crab meat and cheddar cheese
*Save some of the cheese to sprinkle on top before placing in oven
- Once you have these in a bowl, add the filler ingredients: sour cream, cream cheese, and mayonnaise
*Any ratio of these will be fine. If you want it to be healthier, you can omit the mayonnaise altogether
*Can also use 1/3 fat cream cheese
- Next, add the juice from one whole lemon
- Add ground mustard and garlic powder to taste
- Add in the key ingredient: Old Bay Seasoning. Be as generous as you want with this until desired flavor is reached, doing taste tests along the way.
- Once all ingredients are combined, place into oven-safe container, spread evenly, and add left over shredded cheese to the top
- Put in oven at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes until cheese melts and dip is bubbling.
- Remove, let cool, and serve with chips or bread. ENJOY!