I love peanut brittle, but I had no idea how to make peanut brittle until a few weeks back. Once I had the basic steps down, I decided to improve it a bit and make a recipe for peanut brittle that was all my own. Here it is! How to make Champagne Cashew Peanut Brittle!
This is a great recipe to make and give as gifts. It’s not the “break your teeth” hard peanut brittle of your childhood either. If you stir it vigorously enough, and whip enough air into it, you will wind up with an easy to eat and great tasting brittle. Feel free to mix the nuts up with whatever type you prefer.
How To Make Champagne Cashew Peanut Brittle
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 champagne
- 1 cup cashews (or any nut you like)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Grease a large cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a heavy 2 quart saucepan, over high heat, bring to a boil sugar, corn syrup, salt, and champagne. Stir until sugar is dissolved and temp is 250F.
- Stir in butter and cashews. Set candy thermometer in place, and continue cooking. Stir frequently until temperature reaches 300 degrees F.
- Immediately stir in baking soda; pouronto cookie sheet.
- Let cool and Snap candy into pieces.