So I’m not usually a huge fan of asparagus, but throw garlic and blue cheese on pretty much anything and you can bet your bottom dollar I’ll demolish every morsel and probably lick the plate.
…But seriously though.
This recipe is a fantastic side for any meal and literally takes 10 minutes (if that!) to make. It looks beautiful with the bright green asparagus, subtle hints of red onion, and the white and blue colors of the Gorgonzola cheese. SO much flavor is involved here, I really cannot get enough!
Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Cut off ends of asparagus about ½ inch above the white tip
- Dice about 1/8 of your red onion and two cloves of garlic
- Melt a quarter stick of butter in a pan until it starts to foam
*Feel free to use PAM spray for a healthier alternative!
- Add asparagus and rotate
- Add red onion after 3 minutes
- Add garlic and blue cheese after another 3-4 minutes
- Remove from heat once skin on asparagus get wrinkled
- Garnish with more cheese and ENJOY